Sunday, September 8, 2013

Life Of Pi



There are two sides to life; the good side and the bad side, the one which we understand and the side we don’t. I think why some people don’t believe in God is that He is beyond human understanding, for you to understand God you have to be able to believe in mystery because that is his way (God works in mysterious ways).  In the movie Life Of Pi, I pondered on how that story can make anyone believe in God then I watched it again; there are two stories in the movie, the tiger story and the animal story, most people believed the animal story because it sounded real and simple, nothing complex just what the simple human mind could take in and process but the writer actually believes in the tiger story, so do I.
At some point Pi thought the God he believed in doesn’t really care about him, after he left the floating island he said ‘when God seemed to have abandoned me he was watching, even when he seemed indifferent to my suffering he was watching and when I was beyond all hope of saving he gave me the rest and gave me a sign to continue my journey'. Giving deep thoughts about it the Life Of Pi is applicable to everyone, we all have situations we pass through in life, our darkest moment when it seems everybody has forsaken us or no one can understand God is just like what Pi said He is always watching us and gives us rest and hope to pass through any situation.

*the beauty and the magnificent work of nature in which Pi met with made me remember what Albert Einstein said about God;
‘We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the language in which they were written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being towards God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws. Our limited mind cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellation’.*   

No comments:

Post a Comment